Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A New Fairy Garden

Back in 2012, I told you about the old barbecue grill that I recycled in to a Fairy Garden.  

Did I mention I have a *thing* about fairies?  In addition to the recycle grill fairy garden, I have a little fairy that used to sit out under the crepe myrtle where I used to live.  She now sits in the corner of the patio, under her little red and white spotted toadstool.

Just recently,  I was inspired by a photo on Facebook of a fairy garden created in a super-sized teacup.  While getting bird seed in Wal-Mart yesterday, what should I spy but the same large teacup planter?

Without thinking twice, I bought one, along with a bag of potting soil and some plants and then headed next door to Hobby Lobby to see what they had in the way of inspiration for fairy garden accessories.


The finished garden is very simple, with some ivy, verbena and dusty miller, a little fairy table and chair, as well as a miniature butterfly, sampling the verbena, a miniature bird house and a dainty little welcome sign.

 
 I set it on the patio table where I hope I will remember to water it and also to keep the plants trimmed (my selections were probably not really suited to a miniature garden, but I've never been one for too much planning!)

I love how it looks. The perfect touch of whimsy for this corner of the patio.  Thanks to the folks at Flea Market Gardening for the inspiration.

If you want to get inspired, visit their complete list of DIY Fairy Garden ideas.


Words and photographs by Jayne Wilson, Green and Serene, Jayne's Country Garden.

1 comment:

Dorothy Borders said...

Sweet! I'm sure this little garden will give you lots of pleasure throughout the year.